I find that men are the most difficult to buy Christmas gifts for, particularly Dads! I never have any idea what to buy for my Dad as he’s always so busy with work and doesn’t have as much time for hobbies as I know he would like. When it comes to my Dad and brother I tend to try and buy things that they wouldn’t buy for themselves – treats like shaving soap or a luxury shaving brush, or gadgets and stocking fillers.
For the men in your life that enjoy a tipple I also think a really nice bottle of gin or whisky can also be a real treat, particularly paired with some nice glasses or a cocktail set. There are also some great cocktail making books on Amazon that range from practical recipe tips to stunning coffee table style books.
- Ceramic Anchor Beaker, England at Home, £9.99
- Shaving Brush, A Portuguese Love Affair, £33
- Tan Brogues, ASOS, £38.50
- Peanut Butter and Jam Old Fashioned, Firebox, £39.99
- Tree Ranger Beard Oil, Beard Brand, £19
- Shark Tea Infuser, Amazon, £11.32
- Aintree Three-Piece Suit, Suits Men, £170
- Speckled Grey Mug, Life Story, £9.95
- Waxed Canvas Lunch Bag, Burrows and Hare, £24.99
- Prime, The Beef Cookbook, Amazon, £16.91
I really love the three-piece suit in this list from SuitsMen. It’s a little out of my price range but my Dad spends most of his time in suits or business wear so a nice suit or Oxford shirt always goes down well. I also often treat him to a set of cufflinks – he’s building up quite a collection now! Oh, and those ASOS brogues are so smart, and a bargain at under £40.
Finally – I love the waxed lunch bag; for any of the men in your life who have to take their lunch into the office I think this is a rather swish way to take in their ham sandwiches!
What are you picking up for the men in your life this year?