I thought I would post something a little different today – I’ve done a couple of review posts recently but I really love writing more personal posts, and I love reading these ‘facts’ posts when other people write them, so I thought I’d share my own as a bit of fun…
001. I can only sleep when the windows are wide open and there’s lots of fresh air coming in. Even though I’m usually a cold person I have to feel a breeze on my face when I’m sleeping, I hate being in a really stuffy room, I always wake up feeling terrible!
002. When I’m away staying in a hotel the first thing I do is unpack everything from my bag, hang and fold all my clothes and line up all of my toiletries. I’m a total neat/organisation freak when I’m away from home – but when I’m home it’s like, I’ve lost the battle and things will never be tidy, so there’s clutter everywhere!
003. Unless I really think about it, I can’t say hippopotamus – I end up saying hippotopamus. I think it sounds better anyway (did you just say it out loud to check? I’m right, right?)
004. My favourite animals are badgers, foxes, lambs, bears and donkeys. Here are some cool looking donkeys…
img credit: currarevagh.com
005. I like to collect watches, old cameras and Nike trainers. I’m also a bit of a hoarder – I have a huge crate of toiletries like moisturisers, shower gels, bath bombs and all sorts in my room but I still can’t resist picking things up from Boots every time I go in.
006. I pretty much always have a notebook on me – I like to scribble poetry, lines from books or do ‘morning pages‘ in it. My favourite time to write in my notebook is on trains and planes, or last thing before I go to bed.
007. I bought a pack of tarot cards a few weeks ago and I’m trying to teach myself about the cards. My current ritual is to pull out a card at a time, write in my notebook what the card symbolises to me or what I think it means, and then write down the interpretation from my tarot book. It’s so interesting to see what comes out when you have a question in mind.
008. I’m embarrassed to admit that I have a total weakness for trashy TV. Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Geordie Shore, Ex On The Beach and Made In Chelsea are always in my Sky Planner – I can’t help myself!
009. Some of my favourite books are Ayn Rand – Atlas Shrugged, Donna Tartt – The Secret History, Douglas Coupland – Eleanor Rigby, Haruki Murakami – The Wind Up Bird Chronicle and Kurt Vonnegut – Slaughterhouse Five.
img credit: weheartit.com
010. When I was a teenager I had a major crush on Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends). I thought he was just the funniest, coolest guy ever and used to buy all the Friends series’ on video (showing my age there). I might have even Googled his address and sent him a fan letter. Might have.
011. My most treasured possession is Doggy, who is essentially a beanbag with a ribbon, one eye and a nose. I’ve had him since I was born and I have him near me any time I’m at home (and he sleeps in our bed).
012. I have the dinner preferences of a 10 year old. When we go out to restaurants I always wish I was the person ordering the Sea Bass or the mussels, but I always opt for pizza, burger or scampi and chips. I’m just not very refined when it comes to food! (Left to my own devices at home I will cook sausage sandwiches, beans on toast, potato waffles or pasta bake. So uncouth).
013. I did a solo in the school choir at a Christmas concert once when I was about 13. I had to sing a verse of ‘A Whole New World’. (Very festive).
014. Sometimes when I’m at work, I’ll remember that I have no plans that evening and that I can just come home and do nothing, and I feel totally full of joy. Early nights with a good book are the best.
015. Some of my favourite films are Amelie, Rushmore, Goodfellas, The Pianist, Closer, Juno and No Country For Old Men. (If I’m feeling like an easy watch, then Mean Girls, Clueless, Napoleon Dynamite or Pitch Perfect).
016. I did Media Writing at University. I always quite fancied doing a Masters in Creative Writing but nowadays I’m really interested in psychology, behavioural psychology and social economics so if I ever went back to University or studying again I think I’d try and do something in those fields.
017. I did Karate up until I was about 16, I got to brown belt and I really loved doing it but I was a bit too busy with GCSEs and the like to really focus on it at the end. I’d love to go back to it one day though, I miss having a hobby to do on a regular basis and a discipline to stick to once a week.
018. I really don’t like getting my face wet, it’s why I don’t like surfing or watersports (much to Tom’s disappointment). I really love going swimming, but I have to keep my head above the water!
019. I constantly, constantly have songs stuck in my head. Often just one line or a snippet of a song, it drives me absolutely crazy, I wish I knew how to stop it! It’s never good songs either, it’s usually things like Little Donkey or ‘I Just Can’t Wait To Be King’ from the Lion King (such a catchy song though…)
020. I have a bath every night, without fail. Sometimes at the weekend I have two; one in the morning and one in the evening. I find relaxing in the bath with a Lush bath bomb and my Kindle or a magazine one of my great pleasures in life! (Although I’m such a fidget, I can’t stay in there for too long or I get bored).
So there you have it, 20 little facts about me. If you’ve done a post like this recently make sure you let me know the link; I’m such a nosy person that I love reading those funny little details that make a person ‘them’… (Also I’m sorry if you now have a song from the Lion King stuck in your head…)