Well, you know you’re a bit of a rubbish blogger when you end up reviewing two monthly subscription boxes in the same post, eh? I know it is the biggest cliché going but I really don’t know where the time is going at the moment, it only seems like a couple of weeks ago that the amazing February Degustabox was delivered to me, and now all of a sudden the March box has arrived! I thought I would review them both in the same post as it shows you just how consistently good Degustabox is as a monthly food subscription service, and it gives you double the amount of yummy treats to gawp at!
I’m going to start with the February box, and what an amazing box it was. It felt like Christmas when all of these tasty goodies arrived! Or should I say it felt like lent – as one of the reasons I’ve tucked this box away and not had a chance to blog about it get is that there are so many tempting treats that contain sugar, so I am patiently waiting until Easter to give this box the attention it deserves. Before I carry on with the review I should probably point out that for those of you not familiar with Degustabox, the monthly subscription costs £12.99 a month (with shipping), or you can get the next box for £9.99. I think you’ll agree that that’s a lot of food for a cost of as little as £9.99!
The ingredients in the February box were:
- Soreen Toastie Loaf – I expect this will be pinched by Tom before Easter rolls around as he’s a huge Soreen fan!
- Soreen Banana Lunchbox Loaves – Individually wrapped lunchbox treats, with real banana pieces and only 95 calories per bar, yum!
- Bahlsen Pick Up! – Individually wrapped chocolate biscuits (new to the UK).
- Bahlsen Waffleletten – Wafers dipped in chocolate (dribble).
- Tyrrells Apple Crisps – There were three packs of these in the box, I can’t wait to try the cinnamon-y apple crisps, they sound delicious!
- Ryvita Thins Bites – Available in two varieties, Cheddar & Cracked Black Pepper and Sweet Chilli – both were included in the box.
- Scheckter’s Organic Energy – This is one of the things I can try now – hooray! These drinks are 100% natural, organic, vegetarian, Fairtrade, Informed Sport Certified drinks. Now that is definitely something that’s right up my street, I can see these becoming a favourite!
- English Provender Co chutney and sauce – I am a huge, huge chutney fan so I was excited to see the a Damson and Port Chutney and Redcurrant Sauce with Rosemary included – these will be perfect with cheeses or Sunday roasts!
- PEPPADEW Piquante Peppers – a jar of whole sweet peppers, and another product I’m excited to try, I can’t wait to use these in some recipes!
It’s fair to say that the March box also lived up to the high expectations I now have for these boxes! I was excitedly pulling all of the contents out this morning and ‘oohing’ and ‘ahhing’ at what was tucked inside.
In this box was:
- MOMA! Porridge Pots – I have been dying to try these ever since I spotted them in my local Waitrose so I was chuffed to see these included. The Cranberry and Raisin flavour sounds amazing.
- Drink Me Chai (Chocolate) – I am a huge Chai Latte fan and have been drinking the Drink Me Chai Vanilla Chai for years so I can’t wait to try the chocolate version (after lent of course!) There was also a sachet of Earl Grey Tea: Latte which sounds lovely!
- Shaken Udder Milkshakes (Three, in banana, strawberry in chocolate) – I haven’t seen these before but they sound great; they contain real fruit and fresh British milk with no colours, flavours or preservatives which is really important to me, so I’m looking forward to packing one of these with my lunches!
- Schwartz Flavour Shots – Another clever little idea and a new product – flavour shots for use in cooking in Spanish Paella and Creamy Herb Tagliatelle.
- Tyrell’s Proper Popcorn – In Sweet and Salty – I’m a big fan of Tyrell’s popcorn so this will be a lovely treat.
- Organico Tomato and Basil – Tomato pasta sauces are a bit of a cupboard staple in our house so I’m looking forward to trying this Organico sauce, made in a co-operative in Tuscany and produced in keeping with ‘Slow Food’ movement.
- Organico Durum Wheat Pasta – Another Organico product, brown penne pasta made with 100% durum wheat.
- Mexican Dave’s Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips – These sound absolutely yummy, and there was a recipe card in the box for ‘Dave’s Legendary Loaded Nachos’ which Tom and I bumped right to the top of our dinners list, it looks amazing!
I’m absolutely chuffed with these two amazing boxes from Degustabox, they never fail to impress me with the things they include in the box and it’s always food I will genuinely use and enjoy which is great. I love that a lot of the products they include are organic or use natural, wholesome ingredients, and I can’t wait to get stuck into a lot of these products once sugar free lent is over!