After my birthday weekend away, the unexpected trips to Cornwall, a busy weekend of being on call with work and two festivals (makes me feel tired just reading that list!) this weekend will be my first weekend at home in almost six weeks. I am feeling pretty stressed at the moment as all this time away is making my to-do list grow and grow, so I am looking forward to a weekend that will be a mix of starting to get some things done and also have some time to myself. One of the reasons I am looking forward to Autumn so much is that I’m hoping it’ll present lots of opportunities for curling up with books, getting crafty on rainy days or curling up under the duvet and watching a good film. Here is what I’ve been up to recently…
- Considering entering the Sketchbook Project even though I can’t draw – wonder if they’d be disappointed with a book of lists!
- Excitedly planning dinners from my Pie Minister cookbook and the first Olive magazine I received as part of the subscription Tom’s parents bought me.
- Talking of magazines – I ordered an issue of Oh Comely magazine – haven’t read it before so can’t wait for it to arrive!
- Oh, and I want to do everything in the 100 style ideas for the Autumn in Style at Home magazine – arranging well placed throws, blankets and hot water bottles around the house and filling a bowl with conkers and pine cones is my kind of interior design!
- Buying this gorgeous winter coat from Topshop – and giving thanks to the lovely Kate for spotting it!
- Listening to lots of Bon Iver and looking forward to it being the perfect soundtrack for Autumnal drives through the forest to work.
- Featured on the lovely Kate’s blog talking about how I overcame shyness, and on the lovely Tabitha’s blog showing off one of my tattoos!
Happy Friday all – I’m off for a long bubble bath and a Brothers’ toffee apple cider!