I know this is a bit of a lazy post but I wanted the opportunity to tell you a little bit more about me (wow, that sounds so self involved) and I also loved this post by Freckled Nest called six confessions. I thought I would do the same and then maybe add four more things about me. It seems like a good thing to do on a sleepy Saturday morning.
1. I am a little bit funny about keeping books all perfect and nice. I read them hardly open so I don’t crack the spine. I like them to look like they’re still new.
2. Every night I take to bed Frank the cuddly shark, teddy and Doggy – a little dog who I have had for 26 years and doesn’t look like a dog anymore.
3. I can while away many hours on Wikipedia. My favourite things to look up are shipwrecks, serial killers and alien sightings. One of my favourites is this page about a Russian radio station that has been live since 1982, but no-one knows what it’s for as it’s predominantly a buzz tone but has, on rare occasions, had voice transmissions. I just re-read that, it’s weird that I’m interested in that isn’t it?
4. I have a huge fear of mushrooms. They make my skin crawl, and it turns my stomach just having to look at them. I literally cannot be near them.
5. Some evenings I like to go to bed at 8′ o clock just so I can lie in bed, and think, and read, and avoid that feeling when you’re watching the clock and knowing you have to get up for work in a few hours. I actually do this maybe a couple of times a week lately.
6. I paid for gym membership at the gym at work at the start of the year. I have not been yet.
Four more things about me
7. I can’t touch raw meat. It freaks me out. I usually cook with Quorn to avoid this. Meat is weird.
8. I have three tattoos – swallows on both my feet, swallows and an anchor on my lower back, and a quote from a film on the back of my calves. It says “I am prepared for amazing things to happen…” and on the other, “… I can handle it.” It’s from ‘You and me and everyone we know.’
9. I am addicted to buying notebooks. I have more moleskines that you could shake a big stick at and a box full of notebooks I haven’t used yet. Mostly because I think they’re so lovely I want to save them to write something really good in, and I don’t write things that are really good.
10. Until I was 23 I thought a cat burglar stole cats, and until I was 24 I thought a haggis was an animal. Like a small fox.
It is a lovely sunny Saturday here (do you have sun where you are?) so I think I’m going to go out and take some photographs. Hope y’all have a lovely Saturday too.