002. We still haven't exchanged contracts on our new flat and things are really dragging on - but my enthusiasm for looking at new house-y things has not waned (in fact, I'm putting all my frustrations into pinning and planning!). I've filled up lots of Pinterest boards and I've already done lots of furniture window shopping (if only we had an unlimited budget!). I want a sort of Scandi, modern feel with white walls, lots of blacks and greys and then a few pops of colour here and there (undoubtedly lots of marble and copper too - I'm so basic).
|img credit unknown; contact for removal|
003. I think this article - "She divorced me because I left my dishes by the sink" is an interesting observation on how something that seems quite small can have a deeper meaning, and can cause a big rift in a relationship.
004. I've been reading a lot about the 'Blue Zones' - the areas of the world where people live the longest and the studies they've done as to why. So interesting! This article on 'How to keep things simple for a long and healthy life' sums a lot of it up. I've also been reading 'In Defence of Food' by Michael Pollan, which is fascinating - you can read the introduction here (I guarantee it will make you want to read the rest of the book).
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
That, more or less, is the short answer to the supposedly incredibly complicated and confusing question of what we humans should eat in order to be maximally healthy."
005. After getting my beautiful Kate Spade watch for Christmas I've become a bit obsessed with adding to my watch collection, and have been searching for another really timeless, classic piece to wear on special occasions. I love this Gucci watch - it's actually from their Timeless collection (which, if you think about it, is a pretty funny name for a watch!) Watches of Switzerland have so many beautiful watches that it's hard not to come away with a big lust list when I'm on their website doing some window shopping.
007. I have a few rather exciting trips planned this year - a little all-inclusive jaunt somewhere in May with a friend, France in June, and then Cancun in August. Roll on the sunshine! It's the only thing that's got me through this wet, dreary January. I can't wait for the evenings to get a bit lighter, driving to work and home from work in the dark is a bit depressing.
“If I don't poke my head out of my shell and show people who I am, all anyone will ever think I am is my shell."
010. The instagram husband has a Tumblr - "She got her new yoga bra in the mail, so of course we had to drive to the beach for her first 'workout' in it".
What have you been reading this week?