You might remember that at the beginning of June I decided to sack off the 5:2 diet and focus on my fitness instead. My plan was to do something active every day - ranging from a 10k run to 10 minutes of yoga. I'm pleased to say that I stuck to it - there were some days when it did end up being a short workout of some situps and crunches or a few yoga moves and stretches, but I moved every day and managed on 90% of the days to do at least half an hour of exercise.
- Use my Sleep Cycle app and set my alarm for between 0620 and 0650
- Get up, have a cup of green tea and a Thermopure supplement (contains a bit of caffeine, green tea extract and raspberry ketones amongst other things - gives me a kickstart in the morning!)
- Do 30 minutes of exercise
- Shower and get ready for work
- Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD
- Jillian Michaels Shred It With Weights (done with 7.5kg kettlebell)
- Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown
- Yoga with Adriene - 20 minute Vinyasa Flow
- 5k run
I'm still waiting for the new gym near me to open - the reason I've been doing DVDs instead of going to gym classes is that I'm waiting to take out membership there. They have a rooftop yoga studio and lots of classes I've been wanting to try for ages, like Insanity, boxing and Metafit (I'll tell you when I've done them whether I should indeed have been looking forward to them!) I'm slightly worried I'm going to end up living there, I'm so keen to get my membership! What I'm really looking forward to is a few sessions with a Personal Trainer who can help correct all my exercise bad habits and help me lift some weights - I'm not seeing a massive difference in my body at the moment (and I stopped weighing myself weeks ago) and I reckon weights will really help give it a boost!