If you read the health/diet/fitness blog I contribute to (Where Are My Knees) you might know that I've been trying to be more active over the last few week by running (when it's not pouring down or pitch black in the mornings, which is most of the time), exercise DVDs, going swimming and using the gym and walking the dog or tagging along when Tom walks Bodhi in the mornings.
I love the light when the sun rises and just before the sun sets. I love watching its warm glow touch everything and slowly everything becomes enlightened and renewed. On Thursday there was a particularly beautiful sunrise and so I joined the morning dog walk (I usually spend this time frantically pulling clothes out of my wardrobe deciding what to wear to work) and brought along my camera and my 50mm lens, which I don't get enough use out of.
Today we popped to Matalan to pick up some bits which I'll be reviewing on the blog later this week (I managed to order a cardigan online and then buy the same one when at the store picking it up, what an idiot!) and then we popped to Dorchester to celebrate Tom's niece's 7th birthday with tea and cake. We also went to Carluccio's for lunch which was a disaster from start to finish and has culminated in me writing them a complaints email! There are lots of things I forgive in life but bad service isn't one of them!
- Despite being very poor this month I treated myself to a few new books from Amazon; Cupcakes and Cashmere and Be a Free Range Human.You may note from those titles (if you know them) that I'm searching out extra inspiration for improving my life and maybe doing a bit more of the creative stuff from home. We'll see. It's also been my turn to pick a book for book club and I've picked The Snow Child, has anyone read it? I hope it's a good'un!
- Last night we watched Super 8 on DVD, it's not really the sort of thing that I would usually watch (thriller/sci-fi) but I thought it was really good. It was well accompanied by a stir-in white hot chocolate with strawberries from Morrisons, yum.
- I am really excited to announce that from this month I'll be writing about homes and gardens for the awesome site High Tea Cast. I've been a huge fan of the High Tea Cast for the longest time so I'm absolutely over the moon that I'm going to be a part of Team Tea.
- I've been using Bloglovin lately to read blogs as I can't unfollow blogs on GFC (and I follow hundreds!) so Bloglovin helps me ensure I don't miss my favourites! Three that I'm really loving at the moment are: The Style Box, Lily Loves Lola and Eat, Sleep, Cuddle. Let me know your favourite blogs in the comments (and your own too!) so I can add to my reading list.
- I spent a blissful hour before bed last night reading Country Living magazine. I feel full of excitement for Spring and Tom has had to quell my yearnings to run away to the country and start a small holding with pigs and hens...