On a clear day I can see a very long way13 November 2011
01. Sorry I haven't blogged this week - taking a week off work last week has meant I was extra busy with work this week, especially since I had to have a day off work on Thursday due to a horrible headache and generally feeling rundown and exhausted. I like keeping busy but it does mean that you occasionally have those days where you literally can't get out of bed!
02. The photos above are from my walk with Bodhi this morning. One great thing about having a dog is that it gives me the push I need to get out of my pajamas in the morning and get out and get some fresh air. It also makes me feel like I have a reason to get out exploring, which I wouldn't ordinarily do if I was on my own. This morning I dragged Bodhi down a section of the Avon Valley footpath and it was a really nice little walk, you can see from the photos what a beautiful day it is today and it's really nice and warm too. Bodhi is now fast asleep on the floor!
03. You may have seen in my last post that I mentioned I'd had some ideas for blog posts and features whilst I was away in Wales. One of the things I'll be posting about over the next few weeks is 'handmade Christmas'. I want to give a lot of handmade gifts this year and will be making biscuits, fudge, cushions, felt animals and teacup candles (as inspired by Fiona and Ella - Ella has even posted a tutorial about how to make them here) and will be posting about all of these here. I've already bought my candle making kit and am currently musing over whether to make some Moo mini cards to use as gift tags. I do love Christmas!
04. This deserves a post all to itself really, but in the absence of time I want to draw your attention to the lovely Bee's post about the Bloggers Christmas Party. My Street Chic are throwing an amazing Christmas party for bloggers in Bristol on December 16th and there'll be a fashion show and after party, both of which sound like they're going to be amazing! You can get tickets (for the absolutely bargainous price of £5!) here - I've already got mine and even booked my hotel, I am already so excited (can you tell?) If you're tweeting about it, you can use the hashtag #xmasbloggermeet to keep up with all the chats about the event.
05. On a final (but related) note, I posted an article on the Southampton page of My Street Chic here yesterday. Do the clickity click to find out all about the new Urban Outfitters store and my picks from their A/W range.